Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Get off my back Hippie: Aka The Hollywood Asians and How Charlie Sheen changes things

LA Sighting: I want to take a moment to acknowledge the medium sized group of Asian’s who are spreading the gospel on Hollywood Blvd. They wear safety vests so they don’t get hit by cars. They carry mega phones and yell into them. I can’t tell if they’re speaking English or not. The only reason I know that they are spreading the gospel is the large, slightly flimsy cross they carry and their signs. Every once in a while, you’ll be in the middle of something work related and the Asian’s will walk by, yelling with very heavy accents about Jesus. They’re very John the Baptist and not Joel Olsteen with their approach. There have been many days when I was walking to work, the Asians were sitting on the sidewalk of Hollywood Highschool, in a circle, singing songs, playing guitar, and speaking in tongues (trust me, I can tell). The hand gestures told me that they were Jesus songs. I didn’t understand the words. I don’t speak Asian, but I do know speaking in tongues when I see it.  I have a BA in Foreign Language.

To the Blog!
This is going to be a long blog. Maybe I’ll split it up. Ok, I’ll split it up.
This is the first part:
                For the past few weeks I’ve been feeling weird about myself. Asking questions like, why did I move here? What am I doing here? How am I going to survive on very little money? Who are my friends? Why am I so short? How do these white California girls get their butts to look like that, mine is like 36% Latina but I still can’t get a tan. I can’t wear leggings for pants I’m too fat. Then I had a run in with a hippie, similar to a run in I had with a SunTan City girl a year ago. It made me question myself. Am I not artsy enough? Am I too ha, ha, funny, funny, and not appreciative enough of natural beauty? Do I complain too much, and not read enough? Should I become a vegetarian? Should I buy some Toms?
                So, I took some time and looked inside and out, and cried a little bit, and then I realized some things:
1)      I am me. I am ha, ha, funny, funny. I have always been that way. It’s my coping mechanism. You have yours, and I have mine. 
2)      Some people are hippies.Some people hate hippies. I only hate people who are rude to customer service workers, and people who ask for lattes with no foam. (I hate those people!)
3)      I do complain too much and I should read more, but really, where did reading ever get anyone? I should write more, and I will.
4)      So, in lieu of not complaining as much, I decided to spend the next 6 days exploring some inspirational words, and incorporating them into my daily life.
The following song actually inspired me to try to live better. I know what you’re thinking, but listen to it, and see if the chord progression doesn’t make you want to do better.

Each of the next 6 days I will try to explore an inspirational phrase of Charlie Sheen as given to us by this auto tuned wonder. Here’s what you’re in for.

Banging 7 gram rocks (It’s how I roll)

GO!

Bipolar? Nope, Bi-winning!

I’m A Total Freaking Rock Star From Mars.

C’mon Bro, I got Tiger Blood!

If you borrowed my brain, you’d be like, dude, can’t handle it!

 I know that you are pre-judging the future posts of the blog, and all of my readers in Latvia (yes, I have readers in Latvia) you may be lost, but I promise, you will find yourself in one of these post and you will laugh or you will learn something about LA or a weird person I saw in LA.
It’s going to be a fast turn over, so get your reading glasses on and show a hippie how much you care about poetry or the earth or something and read this blog.  Charlie may change me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment